Thursday, March 6, 2008

I Really Needed It

Had to buy some new yarn today. DS1 asked for socks for his birthday. How can you say no when your almost 24 yo son wants you to knit him socks? He asked for socks for Christmas 2007, and since I didn't know how to knit socks, I learned -- and he got socks for Christmas.

They were poorly fitting socks, but they were mom socks. Now he wants socks for his birthday. I decided that he would need burnt orange socks in honor of his alma mater. Who knew it would be so difficult to find burnt orange sock yarn? I finally found some online, and ordered it (along with some new sock yarn for mom and dad). Then I got the bright idea to make them more "longhorny" and will be creating a fancy pattern for him.

I also bopped into Michael's just to have a look-see and dd started picking up yarn and saying that they were what she needed for the new afghan I'll be knitting for her. She got purple, pink, hot pink, green and yellow Simply Soft yarn. It's BRIGHT! I've got a collection of princess patterns and will apparently be knitting her an afghan of princess squares in very bright colors.

Just when I was finally making headway on my stash busting project :o(

No comments: