Tuesday, April 8, 2008

Going Postal

I love paperbackswap and bookmooch.

That being said, I always need to go to the post office to buy postage for the books that I send out. A few weeks ago I discovered that my kids were taking bets on how long it would take me to get back out to the car (not to worry, ds2 is 15 and very capable of maintaining order in my absence).


Today I had to mail two paperbackswap books, a bookmooch book and another package. A few miles before we got to the post office, ds4 shouted out that he bet 4 minutes. In order to be fair, I had ds3 hold up all of the stuff that I needed to mail. DS4 still wanted 4 minutes. EEEK - am I that predictable? Can you really tell how long it will take me to do something? DD claimed 7 minutes, ds3 had 3 minutes; ds2 is the official timekeeper.


I finished up my postal business and was walking out to the car. A little head popped out of the window and told me to walk slower, and a voice from the back of the 'burb said to run. One young soul (the 4 minute lad) said that I was fine, and the others should leave me alone.


Luckily we don't have a history of gambling problems.


No comments: