Wednesday, April 9, 2008

My Dog Ate My Homework

I'm a night time jaw clencher. There, I've admitted it.

I always thought I was better than the tooth grinders, but since they share the same name, it's pretty much the same thing. Anyway, a few years ago I got a "bite guard" to keep me from destroying my teeth while I sleep. It was pretty easy to get used to and since I'll do anything to prevent tooth problems, I dealt with it.

A few months ago, my dog decided that he needed a bite guard and took a big bite out of mine. As I'm quite a dental phobe, I didn't go get another one. Today at the dentist I mentioned that my dog had eaten my bite guard and found out that it really quite common! Seems that dogs like the taste of bite guards. No one even laughed.

It will be ready in two weeks, and then I'll again look like a football player when I go to bed. Good thing dh likes football.

No comments: