Sunday, April 27, 2008

Rainy Days and Mondays

It was a grey and rainy day, so we decided to get some household chores done. The children were bribed with promises of dinner out (actually dinner brought in), so there wasn't too much complaining.

My choice of chores was to clean out my closet. Since we don't have a linen closet (I mean really, who designs a house without a linen closet?), I bought some wire basket/shelves from IKEA and decided to give up part of my closet so that the towels and sheets could have a real home.


Well, the nether regions of my closet are know as the "bonus closet" and contain all of the stuff I buy when it's on super clearance and save for a rainy day (ie surprise gifts). As I was digging out the boxes and bags of goodies, the princess was claiming new treasures. I guess I should be grateful that she only chose a new little tiny baby doll (newly named Matilda) and a Dancing Princesses Barbie. There was sooooo much more in there, and she only picked two things. By picked I mean, grabbed the package and snuck into another room and opened her new things.


On a much sadder note, I finally purged my closet of my nursing clothes. I nursed for 14 years straight, and it was a huge part of my life (and part of my identity). I don't want any more babies, but the idea that there will never be a new baby in our lives is a very sad thought. Well, the stuff is in the garage, and I'm eyeing the margarita machine.


It will all be worth it when everything has a place (and everything is in it's place), but for now, I'm a bit blue.


No comments: